Located in Houston, the fourth-largest city in the United States, Fort Bend County is a thriving suburb recognized as one of the best places in the nation to raise a family. According to the latest U.S. Census Bureau data, Fort Bend is the most ethnically diverse county in Texas and the fourth fastest-growing large county in the United States. It is also home to some of the best master-planned communities in the Lone Star State.
If you are considering relocating to this area, here are a few things about Fort Bend County you need to know before you make the move.
Demographics Snapshot of Fort Bend County, TX
- The estimated total population as of 2021 is 900K.
- The median age of its population is 35.6.
- In terms of diversity, 24.9% of the population is Hispanic or Latino, 21.7% White, 21% Asian, 20.5% African American, 0.4% Native American, and 8.1% Others.
Geography and Weather of Fort Bend County, TX
- Fort Bend is located in the Houston Metropolitan Area of Southeast Texas.
- Fort Bend is situated only 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.
- The county spans 875 squares miles of terrain that varies from level to gently rolling hills.
- The county has approximately 11 square miles of surface water consisting of rivers, creeks, and small lakes.
- On average, temperatures range from a low of 41 degrees in January to a high of 93 degrees in July.
- The average annual rainfall in Fort Bend is 45.3 inches.
Fort Bend is Home to Some of the Best Neighborhoods in Texas
- Fort Bend has 17 communities: Arcola, Beasley, Fairchilds, Fulshear, Katy, Kendleton, Meadows Place, Missouri City, Needville, Orchard, Pearland, Pleak, Richmond, Rosenberg, Simonton, Stafford, and Sugar Land.
- Fort Bend offers a blend of established and new development subdivisions.
- Master-planned communities in Fort Bend are designed to provide cohesive lifestyle amenities, including parks, lakes, recreation, open areas, dining, shopping, and schools.
- There are varying price ranges within each master-planned community, so a first-time homebuyer has the option to purchase their home in an entry level segment then move up to second tier housing and eventually to high-end luxury, within the same community.
- There is at least one perfect neighborhood to every homebuyer in Fort Bend – metropolitan living in Sugar Land, amenity-rich master planned communities in Missouri City, quiet charm of Fulshear, and rich, historical communities of Richmond and Rosenberg.
- Other popular types of neighborhoods in Fort Bend County include acreage communities, gated communities, and active adult living communities.
Fort Bend County Offers Excellent Education
- At Fort Bend County, there are several excellent options for your child’s education.
- Choose among nationally ranked and state acclaimed schools within four different school districts – Fort Bend ISD, Lamar ISD, Needville ISD, and Stafford MSD.
- In addition, there are numerous prestigious private schools in the county, from early education through college.
- Texas has no state income tax, so the primary source of funding for public schools are property taxes.
Fort Bend is One of the Top 5 Healthiest Counties in Texas
- Based on the 2021 Texas County Health Rankings, Fort Bend County is one of the top five counties in Texas and the top county in the Houston region in terms of length and quality of life.
- The ranking is conducted yearly by the University of Wisconsin Public Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Counties across the United States are ranked based on their health levels in areas such as physical activity, health insurance coverage, socioeconomic factors, and residents’ physical environments.
There are Lots of Things to Do in Fort Bend
- Watch a game of the Sugar Land Skeeters at Constellation Field.
- Fort Bend is a haven for nature lovers. One can go bird watching at Seabourne Creek Nature Park.
- Buy tickets and enjoy a concert in the Stafford Center or Smart Financial Center.
- Visit museums, like the Rosenberg Railroad Museum, Fort Bend Museum, Houston Museum of Natural Science, George Ranch Historical Park, Katy Heritage Museum, Katy Veterans Memorial Museum, and Sugarland Foundation Museum.
The Food Scene in Fort Bend is Amazing
- Avenida Brazil Churrascaria Steakhouse is loved by guests for its amazing food outstanding service. Some of the crowd favorites are Filet Mignon, Picanha, and Lamb Chops.
- If you love burgers, you have to go to State Fare Kitchen & Bar. Aside from burgers and fries, some of the food on the menu that are loved by their customers include Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs, Huevos Rancheros Plate, Southern Fried Oreos, and Freakin’ Huge Funnel Cake.
- Craving from some authentic Philly cheesesteak? Head on to Double Trouble Philly Cheesesteaks. This food truck serves everything hot, delicious, and simply amazing!
More People are Moving to Fort Bend County
- Fort Bend County is said to be the second fastest-growing county in the United States.
- The county’s population increased from 715,260 to 839,706 residents between 2015 and 2020.
- One of the reasons for the growth in the number of residents in Fort Bend is the relatively more affordable housing options in the area.
Fort Bend County Has a Thriving and Diverse Corporate Community
- Fort Bend County is home to Fortune 500 companies, mid-size technology companies, and innovative start-ups.
- In the past ten years, the business sector has grown from 8,600 establishments to nearly 15,000.
- Fort Bend County attracts companies and investors because of its strategic location for national and international distribution, skilled labor pool, and proximity to the rest of Greater Houston.
- Some of the employers in the county include Fluor, Frito Lay, and Texas Instruments.
Fort Bend County, Texas is indeed an amazing place, and moving here would be an excellent decision. This county offers a mix of communities, cosmopolitan to rural, providing residents with various options and opportunities. If you want to explore your home options in this location, I’ll be more than happy to show you the residential properties that are available in this area. Feel free to contact me at 832-641-3727 or send me an email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.